My Healing in Life
A Note from Heather
A Note from Heather
The following articles are provided by Discover Healing (previously known as Healing Library) to better help you gain understanding and knowledge of The Emotion Code. and muscle testing.
With everything I do on this quest to better health, I understand that I am to keep everything under the umbrella of God's authority. The scriptures teach that "His divine power has given to us ALL THINGS that pertain to life, and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue..." (2 Peter 2:3).
This scripture is my anchor as I continue to learn and raise awareness to those who wish to hear.
May these articles assist you in your quest and may you always bring EVERYTHING back to the Author and Perfecter of our faith- the Lord Jesus Christ. To Him be glory and power for ever, AMEN!
Heather McPherson, CECP
What is Muscle Testing?
What is Muscle Testing?
Muscle Testing is the a natural response technique used to identify imbalances in the body. By asking questions, or making statements, the body will "react" to those statements/questions. This gives the ability to access the body’s natural responses. This process can help identify underlying imbalances, identify emotional distress, and can increase healing.
While practices vary in methods and techniques, each is based on the idea that every aspect of the body is intimately connected and that by connecting the subconscious and conscious, the whole body can be engaged to promote healing, health, and wellbeing. Unlike the prescription medications and invasive surgeries of conventional medical practices, muscle testing combines powerful physical, mental, and spiritual aspects to aid in natural healing.
Types of Muscle Testing
Types of Muscle Testing
The types of muscle testing vary. There are, however, several methods of muscle testing that are prominently used by practitioners across the globe to help patients maintain better health. These methods include:
Practitioners initiate muscle testing by using the natural body response, asking a definitive question and then gauging the positive and negative muscle response. When pressing on the outstretched arm after asking each question, a response will follow. A strong muscle response indicates a “yes” or positive answer, while the weak muscle response indicates a “no" answer. By querying the nervous system in this way, energetic imbalances can be found and eliminated quite efficiently.
Self muscle testing is another variant used by practitioners. Muscle testing can also be done via proxy, which means that sessions can be done over the phone.
The path of holistic health reaches back to ancient times before writing or keeping records even existed. Ancient peoples looked at human health as resulting from a balanced combination of a healthy mind, body, heart, and spirit.
It is this aspect of history that gave the term holistic healing its name; the word holism is defined by the theory that parts of a whole are so intimately connected, they cannot exist independently nor can they be understood without reference to the whole. Furthermore, when it comes to medicinal terms, holism refers to treating the whole person and, instead of solely considering the physical symptoms of a disease or illness, practitioners also take into account the mental, emotional, and social factors that might also be contributing to the patient’s ailments.
Today, several thousand years after historians believe holistic medicine planted its roots, this form of medical practice has withstood the test of time, despite attempts to discredit holistic healing practices and doubting believers in Western medicine. Perhaps one of the most effective and commonly practiced methods of holistic medicine in this day and age is that of energy healing.
Why Is An Attitude of Gratitude So Important?
Why Is An Attitude of Gratitude So Important?
November 4th, 2020
As Thanksgiving approaches, we’re focusing on the importance of gratitude! What if we told you that in just 10 minutes a day you could start feeling happier, more content with your life, and more appreciative of everyone around you? That’s exactly what can happen when you begin a daily gratitude practice.
By shifting your outlook to one of gratitude and consistently expressing your appreciation for your life, you’ll likely start seeing the world in a more positive light. This simple change in perspective is easy to achieve — you can start with an activity such as a journal entry about what you’re thankful for each day.
Allow us to show you the importance of an attitude of gratitude today!
How Can Gratitude Benefit You?
There are many ways that an attitude of gratitude can benefit your life. Studies have even shown that thankfulness and the expression of gratitude can have profound effects on health, moods, and interpersonal relationships.
• Relationships benefit from gratitude: Feeling and expressing gratitude can help build and strengthen relationships of all kinds. Gratitude helps you connect with others, and makes others feel appreciated by you.
• Gratitude boosts self-esteem: Focusing on all the good things about yourself can help you appreciate who you are. Having gratitude for your strengths helps to boost self-esteem. While everything about ourselves may not be perfect, being aware of what we’re great at and giving ourselves thanks and recognition is powerful for boosting self-esteem.
• Health benefits of gratitude: Surprisingly, an attitude of gratitude has been found to help with sleep, anxiousness and stress levels, and other health benefits! Gratitude creates a surge of brain chemicals like dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin, and these chemicals make you happy. Focusing on the good things in life helps release negative emotions.
• Satisfaction with your life: One of the keys to enjoying life is appreciating what you have! It is important to take stock of your experiences, the joys in your life, and all the good things that you already have. Continuously reminding yourself of what you already have, instead of focusing on what you don’t, can bring more happiness and satisfaction to your life.
Learn more about the emotion of gratitude on the Discover Healing blog: Defining Emotions: Gratitude
How to Start a Gratitude Practice
By focusing on the positive, you invite more positivity into your life. Gratitude is a habit you can cultivate, like brushing your teeth or drinking enough water! By taking time each and every day to focus on gratitude for all that you have, you’ll start to appreciate the gifts in your life even more.
There are many different ways to start a gratitude practice, but one of the simplest is to try gratitude journaling. All you need in order to get started is a piece of paper and a pen. You might choose a nice journal to write in each day. There are some journals that are created with gratitude prompts already included that might make it easier to begin. Then, simply start by writing down a few things you’re grateful for. Go into as much detail as you can. If you feel stumped getting started, that’s okay, give yourself time. As you practice gratitude more frequently, you’ll likely be able to identify things you’re grateful for with ease. By shifting your focus to what you’re grateful for, you’ll start to see all the blessings in your life more clearly.
Below you’ll find a few writing prompts to get you started, all focused on gratitude:
• Write about a person in your life who you’re thankful for.
• What skills or abilities do you have that you’re grateful for?
• Write a note to someone who you’re grateful for (bonus points if you share the note with them!).
• What positive changes in your life have happened in the last year?
• What is something you’re grateful to have learned this week?
• What are you thankful for about the city you live in?
• What does your body allow you to do that you’re grateful for?
• Write about something that you have been taking for granted, that you’re glad is part of your life.
Try this gratitude journaling exercise every day and see how you feel! Notice if you begin to become more aware of the good things in your life. As you take time each day to shift your outlook to one of gratitude, and as you consistently express your appreciation, perhaps you’ll begin to feel more satisfied with the life you live!
Find Joy Through Emotional Healing
December 2nd, 2020
When we go through challenging times, experience deeply emotional situations, or traumas, our bodies can hold onto those experiences. These emotions sometimes build up over time, creating heavy emotional baggage that might weigh us down. Emotional healing helps us come to terms with these past experiences and emotions, grow from our past, release negative Trapped Emotions, develop emotionally, and find more space for joy!
Emotional healing won’t take away sadness, frustration, grief, or other negative emotions — but it will make more space in your life for joy by processing and moving through those challenging emotions. Emotionally healthy people are in tune with their emotions, the positive AND the negative. Processing emotions and finding ways to work through them, alone or with support, is a sign of emotional health. If you’re healthy emotionally, you’re probably more likely to be happier overall, even though you’ll still experience normal amounts of sadness, stress, or frustration.
Learn more: Emotional Healing Tips for Traumatic Events
How to Heal Emotionally
If you want to process negative emotions, become emotionally healthy, and find more joy in your life, here are a few ways to get started!
- PRAY: Ask for healing. The Lord God is The Great Physician. He cares about your health.
- Practice Mindfulness: Mindfulness means you’re fully present and conscious of the moment you’re in. Research has found that people who practice mindfulness can have deeper relationships and enjoy life more! To boost your emotional health you might begin a meditation practice, spend more time in nature, or simply put your phone down while interacting with family or friends. Focus on being truly present and involved in whatever is in front of you right now — and notice how much richer your experience of that situation becomes!
- Express Your Feelings: Talking about how you feel can help you process your emotions, and help you cope when you feel upset. Being honest, open, and vulnerable can help you move through any negative emotions, and also allows you to connect more deeply with others!
- Improve Your Physical Health: A healthy body helps support a healthy mind! When we get enough sleep, eat healthy foods, and move our bodies we are also taking care of our mental and emotional health.
- Deepen Your Relationships: Having people to count on is helpful for emotional health! While being content alone is important too, knowing you can call someone up when you’re having a bad day, or share your successes with someone else, can be really beneficial for your mental health.
- Schedule Muscle Testing/Emotion Code sessions: Muscle testing such as The Emotion Code® can help you release negative energies that might be lingering in your body from the past. The energy of past traumas and struggles can become lodged in our bodies, and muscle testing is a powerful way to resolve those negative energies so we can move on and find more joy in the future!
We all could use emotional healing during these challenging times. Even the most emotionally healthy people can be deeply affected by political strife, illness, cultural differences, and disasters occurring in our world today. Emotional healing and actively caring for your emotional health can help you stay strong and find joy through even the hardest of times!